A virtual data room is a cloud-based storage that allows you to store securely, transfer, and work with files. Many businesses worldwide have already tried these programs and have concluded: that VDR is the best tool for many tasks. Read the article below to find out who might be interested in virtual data rooms and the benefits of such a service.
Who needs virtual data rooms?
Among the consumers of VDR are companies from the industrial, financial sector, retail, logistics, telecommunications, and other industries. Moreover, cloud services are widely demanded by both small and large businesses.
Experts identify several reasons for such accelerated digitalization.
- Firstly, cloud services allow you to build a remote work process effectively, and during the pandemic, many companies had to switch to remote work.
- Secondly, more and more information about the benefits of cloud technologies appears in the media space. From the category of incomprehensible exotics, they confidently move into the category of “must-have.”
- Thirdly, since the beginning of 2021, prices for computer equipment have at least doubled, and video cards have risen in price several times.
Cloud solutions are in demand in all areas with an IT infrastructure, from small retail to large industry. But the primary consumers are government agencies, retail trade, and industrial enterprises. With the help of virtual data rooms, you can reduce the operational costs of developing your IT infrastructure – this is probably the most critical factor in a pandemic when businesses try to optimize their prices to the maximum. In addition, clouds provide reliability and fault tolerance since these technologies also imply redundancy.
How much do virtual data rooms cost?
Many companies are arguing that they are moving away from the virtual data room because it is too expensive and not profitable for them to use. But the situation in the VDR market allows you to choose the best option for any business.
The budget segment includes such providers as Sharefile, Caplinked, SecureDocs, Fordata. They can be used for small and medium businesses and small startups. Using such a virtual room will cost up to $500 per month (on average).
More expensive data rooms are DealRoom, Intralinks, Merrill, iDeals. The price of a virtual data room is formed depending on the requests of a particular customer. Such VDRs are used for large companies or huge transactions. The price reaches a thousand or more dollars.
How to choose a data room?
The range of VDRs is now greater than ever: each review will find at least 10-20 examples of services. So what should you pay attention to?
- Price. First, decide how much you’re willing to pay for a data room so it doesn’t hurt your business.
- Functions. From those rooms that are suitable for the price, choose the one that would satisfy you with its functionality.
- Reviews and reviews. Make sure the provider you choose is a good one. Read reviews on several sites, as well as reviews from real users.
Before buying a virtual data room, you can take advantage of a trial period – for most providers; it ranges from several days to a month. During this period, you use the program without restrictions, take a closer look and decide whether you will buy it.